Marian P. Merritt - Lagniappe

Where the Bayous Meet the Mountains

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Writer's Write

Today's the day...back to work on my current work in progress, Legacy of Grace. It's been a few weeks since I've added "new" words so in keeping with my resolution to move closer to where I want to be. I will write. After all, that's what writer's do.
Things that do not count: Talking about writing, wishing about writing, reading about writing, thinking about writing--Today is about the process of adding new words to my story...AKA...Writing.

I'll let you know tomorrow how things work out...

Thought I'd add suggestions or tips to each post.

Suggestion for today: Keep a small toy or whimsical item on your desk to remind you to stop and have fun.

2 comments:

Deborah Raney said...

Marian, congrats on your new blog! I love your suggestion about keeping one "whimsical" thing on your desk! (Does a bowl of M&Ms count??) Actually, I guess the thing on my desk that reminds me to have fun and not take myself too seriously is a canning jar full of colorful gel pens. Doodling seems to help me think better, too. : )

Here's to taking that one step today...and every day.
Blessings,
Deb~

Heather Diane Tipton said...

Wait...we're supposed to actually add new words to our wips??? Ruh Ro. LOL Happy writing!