Marian P. Merritt - Lagniappe

Where the Bayous Meet the Mountains

Friday, March 09, 2007

Touching His Cloak

I love when a Bible story is so significant that it appears in three of the four gospels. My favorite is the story of the woman who pushed through the crowd to touch Jesus’ cloak. Matthew (9:20), Mark (5:25), and Luke (8:43) all thought the story important enough to add to their gospels.

What awesome faith she had!
She didn’t call out His name. She didn’t rush to get in front of Him, nor did she feel the need to capture His attention.

She simply touched Him. Knowing, with deep-rooted faith, that would be enough to heal her.

Her simple act serves as a reminder that my faith needs to be like hers. Knowing that all I have to do is reach out to Him with absolute faith that He can accomplish anything.

Are you trusting Him with your writing? Your problems? Your family? Your future? Have you touched His cloak in faith that He will fulfill His promise to you?

Reaching for His Robe…

2 comments:

Christa Allan said...

Thank you for reminding me that I don't have to reach far to reach for grace.

Unknown said...

Christa,

Thanks for posting. We all need
reminders.