Marian P. Merritt - Lagniappe

Where the Bayous Meet the Mountains

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

8 RANDOM THINGS ABOUT ME

Several weeks ago, my dear friend Deborah Vogts tagged me to play this blog game where I post 8 random things about myself. This proved harder than I thought!

But, here are:

Eight Random Things about Me

1. I graduated from college at 36 with a degree in Physical Therapy (with two children ages 2 and 11). Yeah, I know, I'm of the adage, better late than never. I did graduate with honors. Does that count?

2. I own a 9 year-old miniature Schnauzer named Nikki. She sits next to my desk when I write and is programmed to run to her bed when the Microsoft shut-down music plays.

3. I love the water. Being around it that is. I'm not a fan of getting my face wet. Don't go there!

4. I've just completed my fourth year of Bible Study Fellowship (BSF). I had planned to go through the whole seven year program, but God had other plans. We're moving to a town that doesn't have BSF classes. I can't wait to see what He has in store!!

5. I dabble in oils. Painting that is. The Bob Ross technique. Yes, ALL my trees are happy trees!

6. As a teenager, one of my summer job duties was pumping diesel for recreation and shrimp boats. Yep, you can take the gal out of the bayou, but…

7. My family and I are moving this summer to Colorado. I'm really excited about living somewhere, for the first time in my life, that has four seasons!

8. At 43, I took a motorcycle course and bought my own motorcycle, a Harley Sportster. A year later, I traded up to a 2004 Harley Road King, which I have since sold to buy my husband a Honda Civic. What's wrong with that picture?


I tagged Denise McEwen.

No comments: