Marian P. Merritt - Lagniappe

Where the Bayous Meet the Mountains

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Housing Development - Update December

Well, Winter is in full swing here in Meeker.


A winter like I've never known. And guess what?




I'm loving it!

This is our back yard and that's Scott's utility trailer filled to the brim!


Many who've moved here from warmer climates tell me they, too loved their first winter. And even the second. But by the third, their love morphed into something quite different. So knowing that is a possibility. I have decided to love this winter with a child-like quality and take in all this winter-wonderland has to offer. Scott and I have explored many of the areas around town and I'm amazed at how differently things look covered in snow! We got a close-up of this bald eagle the other day. What a treat.
Our house continues to progress, albiet too slowly for me. But that's just me wanting to be in my own home. I don't think I'll be able to truly feel like I belong here until then.

Here are a few pictures of the lastest developments.
Yes that's snow INSIDE the house! In what will one day be my kitchen and pantry.


TA DA! A roof!


We had a wonderful Christmas--WHITE Christmas. The day was quiet and we spent time just being a family. We did miss Scotty and Barbara, but we're hoping next year to spend time with them. I hope each of you had a wonderful Christmas and spent time in quiet reflection for all God has done to enrich your life. He has been good to us...and we thank Him.


From our family to yours: Have a wonderful New Year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am on my 11th winter after moving from south Louisiana to the Northern Rockies. I'm still LOVING winter.

Praying for you to get into your house quickly!! But in God's time!

Come stop by and read "Brook with an 'e'".

nettiefudgesworld said...

You're going to "love this winter with a child-like quality." WOW!! What a great line. I think I read somewhere we're to have a child-like faith. Friend, maybe in your case it started with a move to my favorite place - Colorado. Love ya and hope your New Year is blessed.

nettie

PS: your new house is looking good.

Annette O’Hare said...

Marian, it's so surprising to tune into your blog after a while and see how far your home has come! I'm so happy for you and your family.

Unknown said...

Hello Friends!!

Jennifer--Wow, it's great to hear that this facination continues!

Janetta, Thanks. I think you're right about the child-like faith. By moving me here, God may have started something...Love ya back and hope your 2008 is blessed.

Annette, Thanks. Maybe that's what I need to do. Only look at pictures of the progress once a week then it wouldn't seem so slow!
Hope all is well with you.