Marian P. Merritt - Lagniappe

Where the Bayous Meet the Mountains

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Interview with Tanya Stowe


Lagniappe Welcomes...

Tanya Stowe






Tell us about yourself and how you began writing?
I started writing when I was eleven…after I decided that it was much easier to write about history than to dig in the dirt as an archaeologist.

Tell us about your latest book and what inspired you to write this particular book?
Never-Ending Night is an inspirational romantic suspense about a man who thinks he is a Civil War poet who died in the Battle of Shiloh. He has somehow emerged from the smoke of battle into the 21st century. A spunky photojournalist with her own wounds tries to help him.

I got the idea for the book while reading an account of the Battle of Shiloh and how horrific it was. I wondered how a man could come out of that situation, how he could survive with his sanity…and the story was born.

What actor/actress would you choose to portray your main characters?
The actress would be Ellen Page from Juno and Inception. She has that gamin, feminine look that fit Stacy perfectly. But her looks are the opposite of her personality and Chris Hemsworth from Thor. Picture-perfect, classic blond hunk. Enough said.

What did you enjoy most about writing this book?
I enjoyed engaging all the senses, looking at the world from Tyler’s perspective, seeing everything as if it was for the first time.

What one bit of advice would you give to aspiring writers?
Write. Just write.

What message do you hope readers gain from your novel?
Healing is possible for everyone, from all situations.

Tell us what we have to look forward to in the future. What new projects are you working on?
My next release is a historical, the second in the Tender series, Tender Trust. Penny and Alex first appeared in Tender Touch. Also, we have new releases coming out, the Heart’s Haven Holidays. Those have been really fun. But I’m also working on another romantic suspense. Going to be a very busy this year!


Tanya, blessings to you. It's nice to be busy!


 Thanks for sharing with us!

Readers, thanks for visiting Lagniappe.

I pray that you find "a little something extra" in each of your days.

Marian



5 comments:

Tanya Stowe said...

Marian,
Thanks so much for having me. It's great to be here!

Anonymous said...

Great interview, ladies! I always enjoy getting to know more about my fellow authors. And Tanya, I'm glad you enjoyed your Italy trip, and I'm glad you're back! :)

Unknown said...

Tanya,

It's good to have you here! Italy, wow, I'm honored to be your first stop after such a wonderful trip!

Glad you had a great time.

Marian

Unknown said...


Delia,

Thanks. I'm glad you stopped by!

Tanya Stowe said...

Italy was wonderful. After living the desert for almost 2 yrs, we even enjoyed the rain...every day. Loved walking in it! Thanks again, Marian, and thanks Delia, for stopping by!